Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Prayer of Faith- James 5:13-16

I sort of hate to write this blog for a few reasons. First of all, I am sad that events in my life have resulted in what I am about to tell you. Secondly, I don't want it to seem like I am looking for attention or loathing in self-pity. (Not that I don't appreciate your words of encouragement when you are moved to do so.) And thirdly, this blog thing is pretty impersonal sometimes, since anyone can read it. But I hope that if you are reading this and don't know this whole story, you will still pray and hopefully be encouraged by what I have to say. I do want to write it though, because if you have been around me in the last year and a half, I want tell you what is going on and it's hard to do that when I don't see you guys on a regular basis.
My Dad has decided already that he is going to remarry in August. This was not really a shock to me, but I had been praying that he would wait for a little while (which could have been years for me). I don't want to underestimate the power of prayer by not fervantly praying that this wedding doesn't happen at all, but there is more to the issue I think. I am convinced that the core of the issue is that we need to join forces and battle Satan's hold; the fact that his heart is hard to the truth of his lifestyle and what God sees as pure and right for him (and getting married isn't going to make everything "right"). This is the crux of my concern. I can't change the past and our answer to prayer may not be a stop to the wedding, but God can continue to work and I have to have faith that my Dad, who raised me and taught me what scripture says, will see one day that what he has convinced himself as "God's plan" is Satan's lie.
If you have been on "this journey" with me for the last year and a half or more, I am thankful that you are reading this. Many of you joined me in wonderful, moving, and powerful hours of prayer. You taught me more about community, prayer and honesty within the church than I have ever experienced in my life. I am asking you to join me as a prayer warrior for this situation as you go through your daily activities and devotional times.
I am far away, but if you will join me in this, please just leave me a "will do" comment. That would mean a lot to me. If you have other questions or thoughts, feel free to comment or email me.
Thank you for being wonderful friends! I love you all!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly will do. Thinking of you and missing you.

Anonymous said...

Of course! Call me if you need me! Jenny

jerms said...

im in.

Anonymous said...

Me Too Friend! I love you and miss you! :) Sharon

Anonymous said...

LaVonne and I are praying Amanda. God never changes and our trust is in him. Love you God bless Kerry

TamaLa said...

You bet I will too Amanda! Thank you for your openess to share and willingness to lean on others. Take care:)

Anonymous said...

will do coulter. looking forward to seeing you again in the fall. ill give you a call soon.

t.

chelsey said...

count me in. thinking of you.

Jill Slywka said...

hey you. of course i'm in. love you lots friend.

Anonymous said...

amanda, I will definitely be praying for you and for your family. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

you know i am.

Anonymous said...

will do. call me soon.
this is my first ever blogspot reading thing. i hope this works... miss you and love you.
heart.
Britt

Anonymous said...

I'm in too. Hope to see you soon.

Kevin

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

So glad I found you! We will continue to be in...

Anonymous said...

Hey Manda,
Have been thinking about you, just found "your spot".
Regularly we pray for both mom and dad, and share your sadness and belief in the lie Satan is perpetuating. We love you very much.
Bonnie and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda. Sorry your home situation has been such a mess. I'll pray for your family.

We should go out for coffee again some time! If you ever need someone local to talk to about home, I'd be happy to be a listening ear (and you can catch me up on the gossip I've missed).

Janet said...

Definately praying for you. Glad I found your blog. Usually only hear how you are when your sister cuts my hair!

Kara Deal said...

Hey Manda. We don't know all of the in's and out's of the situation, but we will be on our knees for you and the family!

Since you live so close, it would be great to see you and take a stroll down memory lane. We always have a bed fro you if you ever need a "get away"!

Will we see you at Leah's wedding?

Lots of love and prayers,

Luke and Kara Deal