Tuesday, May 16, 2006

An Alien in a Foreign Land

So today I wanted to go to A&W for lunch. I don't often have my own choice b/c I'm usually with someone else, so I decided to do something different. I have never been to A&W in Edmond mostly because I didn't even know there was one until I was pretty much done school here. So I went through the drive thru thinking about how much I wanted a MOZZA Burger!!
Little did I know, these were my only choices:
Deluxe Bacon Double Cheeseburger
Deluxe Double Cheeseburger
Deluxe Bacon Cheeseburger
Deluxe Cheeseburger
Deluxe Hamburger
Hamburger
Cheeseburger


I couldn't believe it!! I mean, I know this is a different country, but people it's North America! The land of choices!! (well, at least if you are an American) What happened to the family of A&W burgers!?!? I'm so disappointed!! Why did I move here again!? Someone better take me for a MOZZA Burger, or a TEEN burger, or a MOMMA Burger (you get the idea), when I come home in July!


Uncle Garnet would be appalled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. My dad had quite the culture shock experience at an A&W when he was down here a year or two ago.

First, they asked him if his meal was "for here," and he didn't understand what they were talking about. Next he asked for a teen burger and they just looked at him funny. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was when they didn't have a frosted mug for him. I've only seen my dad cry once or twice in my life, but that time I think he was close.