Friday, May 26, 2006

Conquered another US monster!

Well, it's been a crazy week. I've been meaning to write about this since Monday, but just haven't gotten to it. And for some reason my camera isn't allowing me to download my pictures, so you'll just have to imagine it.
Last weekend I conquered driving from Bakersfield, CA through LA to Malibu, back through LA (down Sunset to Rodeo Dr.) to Anaheim, then back to Bakersfield! This is my third major city in the last month or so. It was great! Yeah for Mapquest and Map Point.
Anyway, I went to Anaheim because I got to go to Game 2 of the Western Conference finals! This was my first NHL game! It was so exciting. The crowd wasn't that into it because Anaheim only scored once and ended up losing 3-1. But I got to see Pronger, Smyth, Smith, Roloson, Friesen, Getslaf, the Niedermyrs, Selanne, etc, etc, not to mention the amazingly classy Craig McTavish (not too bad looking for an old man!). It was amazing!!! Did I say that!??!
Due to some strong influences, I've been paying close attention to Edmonton all playoffs, especially after Ottawa let me down. I'm sure I'm not the only Canadian to jump on the Oilers' bandwaggon this year!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Since you were excited about seeing the Niedermayers, couldn't resist telling you my next door neighbour is their grandma and have seen Scott playing in the backyard with his kids. Over tea with her, I often get an update on them! So when I should have been cheering for the Canadian team, I was cheering for them.