Wednesday, March 12, 2008

November


November brought interesting things into my life. I started a new job "SBC" as an Admissions Representative. Caleb and I began to figure out how we were going to fit into each other's lives on a daily basis; beyond the hour or so on the phone each night. And, my mother came to St. Louis for a visit over American Thanksgiving.
I will say more about my new job in St. Louis later, but in general, imagine my entire passion and drive for the job I loved at OC.... got it! Now, think of everything that could possibly to opposite of it. It was hell!
Of course, that made the transition to a new place and a new dynamic in our "to be married" relationship difficult. But we trudged through and trusted in God.
I had a great 4 or 5 days with my mom! We did a lot of shopping and even found my wedding dress. It was really important for me to be able to do that with her. Being here without my girlfriends and sisters, I wasn't looking forward to finding a dress all by myself. We took mom several different places to eat, see the sights and just hang out. For those of you who know her, you can see from the picture that she was sooooo excited about seeing historical St. Charles, which is about 3 blocks from my house. She spent about 4 hours on 6 blocks of shops and didn't get done. Some things never change!
And.... that's a summary of November.

No comments: